I just saw a lovely post over on Ivon Prefontaine’s blog called A Book Lover’s Tag and it inspired me to answer the questions and post them here and give a call out to all of you book lovers who have been on this journey with the book tour for Jay. This was my post contribution for Jay’s debut novel #Watching Glass Shatter! I’m not nominating anyone in particular, but if you feel so inclined, please let me know you did it as I’d love to read your responses!
- Do you have a favorite place to read? Yes, I like to read in bed or on the couch.
- Do you use bookmarks or random pieces of paper? I use random pieces of paper if it’s a real book. If not, then I use the bookmarks on the kindle.
- Do you eat or drink while you read? Not usually.
- Do you listen to music or watch TV? No, I like to read in silence.
- Do you read one book or several at a time? If I’m power-reading (meaning so into the book I can’t put it down) like I was with Jay’s book, then it’s one at a time. But I enjoy reading a few books at a time too.
- Do you prefer reading at home or elsewhere? I will take the kindle on trips with me, but normally, I just read at home.
- Do you read silently or out loud? I read silently.
- Do you read ahead or skip about? I read straight through the book. I never like to skip about or read ahead.
- Do you break the spine or treat it like new? I usually don’t break the spine and I tend to treat the book well so that I can pass it along in good shape.
- Do you write in books? If it’s a favorite self-help book, then I will turn down pages or maybe even underline. But for the most part, I don’t mark them up.
- What books are you reading now? I am reading The Tao of Equus: A Woman’s Journey of Healing & Transformation Through The Way Of The Horse by Linda Kohanov on my kindle. Thanks Karel at Peace With My Life for the suggestion.
- What is your childhood favorite book? The Secret Garden comes to mind as well as Gone With The Wind which my best friend read to me in sixth grade when I was home sick for awhile. For children’s books, Goodnight Moon and Dr. Seuss’ books.
- What is your favorite book of all time? Oh my, I don’t think I have a true absolute favorite book – maybe Gone With The Wind if I had to choose one. But I have many books that I enjoy re-reading. The authors Louise Hay, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Doreen Virtue, Tosha Silver, Florence Scovel Shinn and many others come to mind as favorites that I can reread at leisure when I need a little pick me up! I also like the romance author Kaitlin O’Riley’s many historical romance novels.
Thanks for playing along and reading my post! I love to read other people’s responses so feel free to answer the questions in a post and let me know so I can visit you too!
P.S. The Daily Prompt’s HONK made me think of making a bumper sticker! What do you think of mine?
Honk!!! Right now I’m using my Kindle to read Walden but I have bought books, usually only if I know they are rare and or I’ll reread them.
Honk! I am so happy to hear you use your kindle and get print books too! 🙂
Honk!! Lol. Lovely post. I really enjoyed this one. And your bumper sticker is cute 😉
Thank you! I liked the HONK so I was thinking I’d make my own bumper sticker! Glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by!
Great post 📚💛✌️
Thank you! 🙂
What a wonderful tag! I adore Gone With the Wind too. It always upsets me that I saw the movie first in middle school, before reading it. I also must confess, I sometimes skip to the end of a book. I’m bad, but I need to know the end beforehand (only on occasion). I still enjoy the read. Thank you so much for this fun post — learning about you and talking about the book!
Thanks for writing your book so that we could all enjoy it! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself here in the comment but especially on your blog! Such a pleasure to know you!
The Tao of Equus. I love that book.
Honk! Loved the questions and your answers.
HONK! I’m giggling Marlene! Hope you’re having a lovely weekend!
Can’t be any better. My son is visiting. 🙂 And I get 2 extra days with my daughter this week. 🙂
Oh yippee Marlene! That’s great news! You just put a big smile on my face. Have the BEST TIME! xo