This is all David Kanigan’s fault. You know David, don’t you? Over at Live and Learn? Well, if not, click right over there because when I read all the questions that he answered, I felt like I wanted to do the same. Oh boy, it’s like one of those chain letters. Remember those? You liked the idea of getting them at first and then when you had to sit down to do them, it was harder than it seemed! Well, this isn’t mandatory, but I will say, it sure was fun – fun to read other’s answers and to get to know them. Then, I found it was insightful when it was my turn to sit down to answer the questionnaire myself.
So feel free to hop on the bandwagon and copy/paste/link. David refers to it as being a part of the wave in a stadium – at least that’s how he got me to post it. LOL But please let me know if you join the wave because I’ll definitely want to stop over to see your answers!
- What is your current state of mind? Contemplative
- What is your favorite journey? To the beach.
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? Having my sons with me, no matter where we are, but home is perfect and Christmas morning is my favorite!
- What is your greatest fear? Death of loved ones.
- What is your most marked characteristic? Every emotion shows on my face.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Unworthiness.
- What is the trait you most deplore in others? Cruelty.
- What is your greatest extravagance? Horseback riding lessons.
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Orderliness.
- On what occasion do you lie? When I’m talking with loved ones with Alzheimer’s.
- Dislike most about your appearance? Wish I were thinner, less wrinkles.
- Which living person do you most despise? Despise, no one. Dislike sometimes, yes.
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse? I’m sorry.
- What is your greatest regret? Being a ‘good girl’ instead of doing what I wanted.
- What or who is the greatest love of your life? My sons.
- When and where were you happiest? Jr. year abroad – Spain
- Which talent would you most like to have? Healer.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would be healthy.
- If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? Nothing.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? My two sons.
- What is your most treasured possession? Our cats, if they can be called possessions.
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? The hopeless.
- Where would you like to live? Not sure yet. Would like to try a few different places: a farm, on an island beach, Europe again.
- What is your favorite occupation? Teacher.
- What is the quality you most like in a man? Kind, loving and honest. – whoops, that’s three. Sorry, I can’t choose just one.
- What is the quality you most like in a woman? Grace.
- What do you most value in your friends? Truth.
- Who are your favorite writers? Too many to list – Kaitlin O’Riley, Jodi Picoult, etc.
- Who is your favorite hero of fiction? Scarlett O’Hara
- What is it that you most dislike? Liars.
- Who are your heroes in real life? People who have overcome the odds, no matter how big or small. The ones who listen, who share, who accept and love with their whole hearts.
- How would you like to die? Fall asleep in my home, preferably in my favorite chair, reading a good book.
- If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be? A cat.
- What is your motto? Find The Presents of Presence.
The Proust Questionnaire has its origins in a parlor game popularized (though not devised) by Marcel Proust, the French essayist and novelist, who believed that, in answering these questions, an individual reveals his or her true nature. (Source: Vanity Fair)
Thank you David! I loved the questionnaire. I’m always learning something over at your blog! I hope others join the wave! If not, then at least I got to know you better. 🙂