This morning I am inspired by bloggers LouAnn and also by Cristian ~ both of whom I enjoy following! Cristian began the whole thing the other day by writing 10 random things about himself without the fanfare of receiving an award ~ simply to let us get to know him a bit better. who-the-is-cristian-mihai
LouAnn began this morning’s post with her rendition of 10 Random Things, following Cristian’s lead at random-things.
So it got me thinking…of darling Rhonda at help-me-rhonda.com who continues to make me laugh whenever she gets an award with her 7 random things…and I thought, why not?
Why not issue a challenge to us all ~
A sort of chain letter blog posting to just tell us 10 random things about yourself!
Here are the rules in case this takes off (which I’m praying it will!)
1. Write 5-10 random things about yourself…try to use I AM
2. Ping/tag whatever it’s called back to this post (or give your url below)
so that we know you are doing it!
3. Try to keep it going so that we can learn more about our community ~ and expand it!
4. Let me know what you think of this!
So, here goes nothing! 🙂
1. I am not a blonde by birth, but I play one in real life!
2. I am a cat owner (have 2), but I watch the Dog Whisperer all the time.
3. I am a great caller for take out or reservations as I adore going out to eat and not having to cook! My best streak was for 2 weeks that I didn’t have to cook for my family ~ granted it was after a surgery and friends brought dinners but still…upon winning the lottery, my first wish will be to get someone else to cook and clean!
4. I am a spherical thinker which to me means that I live according to my surroundings and constantly think according to that big circle around me ~ my past, my present, my future and all that encompasses the pretend circle which envelopes me as I go through life.
5. I am in a transitional time in my life having dealt with 3 separate surgeries this year, my father’s death, the fallout from his passing, and the task of picking up the pieces in my life that I want to keep and throwing out that which doesn’t serve me anymore.
6. I am a firm believer that it’s most important to: Tell others through my cards how much they mean to me now (so I send a card everyday to someone) before they pass; To enjoy fresh flowers in my home whenever I want instead of by my casket when I’m dead and to connect with others while life is good ~ enjoying the Presents of Presence!
7. I am very afraid of heights and yet I love to fly. I yearn to take a helicopter ride and to jump out of a plane one day (Bucket List you know).
8. I am charming (ahem ~ big smile) which is my way of saying I am quirky (see #7 as a good example)…and I believe that sometimes my hubby wishes I weren’t so darn charming!
9. I am a people lover ~ I love to get to know others’ stories and I always root for the underdog!
10. I am working on establishing a community for The Presents of Presence which will be expanding soon…I’d love to include you all just as you’ve included me!
I am excited to read your I AM list as well!
Please feel free to share ~ the more, the merrier!